- 2 cups unsweetened fine-shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons coconut milk
MAKE IT HAPPEN:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a cookie sheet with two pieces of parchment paper, to help keep the bottoms of the cookies from burning.
- In a large bowl, combine together the dry ingredients.
- In a separate bowl combine the rest of the wet ingredients.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix the dough until all ingredients are combined.
- Using a rounded measuring spoon, scoop up some dough, filling the spoon. Drag the spoon on the side of the bowl, making the bottom of the macaroon smooth and flat. Gently place it on the cookie sheet. Repeat with the rest of the dough.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 10-11 minutes.
Baking times will vary from oven to oven. Allow to cool for at least 10 minutes before moving from the pan. The outside should be dried out slightly and the inside should be soft and chewy. Macaroons will be quite delicate while still warm but very sturdy once cooled.
Sprinkle the tops of the cookies with more cinnamon or goji berries.
Serve and enjoy!