Recipe from Lavinia
Vegetable Medley Soup
2 large sweet potatoes, cubed
3 carrots, chopped
1 apple, peeled, cored, and chopped
1 large onion, chopped
½ cup red lentils
¼ cup coconut oil (or butter)
4 cups vegetable broth
2 cups water
2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon chilli powder
1 teaspoon paprika
½ teaspoon black pepper
2 tablespoons brown sugar (optional)
2 tablespoons minced ginger (optional)
MAKE IT HAPPEN
- In a large pot, melt coconut oil over medium high heat.
- Add sweet potatoes, carrots, apple and onion. Cook stirring often until translucent.
- Add broth, water and remaining ingredients (except brown sugar if using).
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium low and simmer, covered, until lentils and vegetables are soft ( about 30 minutes).
- Remove from stove and cool.
- Pour cooled soup into a blender, pulse carefully, then puree.
- Return soup to the pot , stir in brown sugar (optional), and reheat before serving. Option to top off with a little Greek yogurt.