They’re re really that good.
Fuel your craving for a Mexican feast with these guilt-free bad-boys! Super easy, super clean, and awesome as left-overs. Makes the perfect, high protein, post-Rev workout muscle repair meal.
MAKE IT HAPPEN:
- Poach or grill 3 chicken breasts until cooked through.
- Let cool slightly, then put in a mixing bowl.
- Shred the chicken using two forks, pulling outward.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt 1 tbsp of coconut oil.
- Add 1/2 diced red onion.
- 1 clove crushed garlic.
- Sautee till onion is soft and translucent.
- 3 medium sized crushed tomatoes ( I pulled mine off the vine from the garden and zipped in the Vitamix)
- 1.5 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chili
- minced chipotle pepper (optional)
Let simmer uncovered for about 10 minutes…longer will dry the chicken out.
Serve on fresh lettuce leaves with shredded old cheddar, fresh guac, tomatoes, lime, and shredded cilantro! Whatever floats your boat.
Delish in corn tortillas or a sandwich too! Kids will love it. Just TRY posting a photo…this sh*t disappears the moment it hits the plate.