Recipe from Lavinia
Lemon Poppy Seed Loaf
2 cups gluten free rolled oats, ground into a flour
1/2 cup stevia
1 T baking powder
1/4 cup poppy seeds
3/4 cup + 2 T dairy free milk
1 large egg
6 T nut butter of choice, melted
2 T lemon juice
2 T lemon zest
1 tsp vanilla extract
pinch sea salt
For the frosting:
4-6 T coconut butter, melted
2 T granulated sweetener of choice
Dairy free milk to thin out
MAKE IT HAPPEN
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Grease a loaf pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the dry ingredients and mix well. Add the lemon zest and poppy seeds and set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk the milk, lemon juice, vanilla extract and egg. Pour into the dry mixture. Add the melted nut butter and mix very well until a batter is formed.
- Transfer the batter to the loaf pan or baking dish. Bake for 25-35 minutes, depending on your oven, or until golden brown on top and a toothpick comes on clean.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely before serving or frosting.
- To make the frostings
- Combine all the ingredients and using a tablespoon, add dairy free milk until a thick, firm batter is formed.
The loaf is freezer friendly- It’s best kept in the refrigerator. If you decide to use the frosting, it’s best to keep them separate.