For some of us, eating clean is a brand new way of living. Our 8 week challenges are about making balanced and easy choices to eat more whole, healthy, delicious food. Plain and simple! We’re making changes here to last a lifetime.
We wanted to give you a peek into our kitchens so you can see that we’re not living off kale smoothies and kombucha. We’re also not protein-guzzling meatheads. We’re just eating food that’s yummy as sh*t.
A DAY IN THE LIFE OF A REBEL:
(We took a typical work-day with an evening workout…this is just what works for us!)
- Rise and shine! We love lemon water to wake up. People say it’s good for your belly, skin, energy, digestion…the list goes on. Who really knows?! It’s refreshing AF.
- While whipping together our favourite breakie (2 pancake recipes to choose from: find Ange’s Power Pancakes and Erin’s recipe here) we heat the kettle for morning tea or a pour-over coffee.
- W try to sit and savour breakfast phone-free, and take a few moments to jot down some positive thoughts and goals about the day before all hell breaks loose. Another lemon water gets knocked back before the office/studio.
- Mid-morning, we love having a simple snack. There’s no reason for food to be complicated…we share some thoughts here on Crushing Snacks!
- For lunch, an delish serving of Super-Clean Chicken salad with Mary’s crackers or in lettuce wraps. We don’t forget water…ensuring we’re super-hydrated to crush that RevMIX class tonight!
- In the afternoon, an easy and fast energy rich snack like hummus and veggies, apples and almond-butter, or one of these No Muffin-Top Revkor™ Wonder Muffins.
- Hit the studio and rock that workout!
- We like to repair and refuel immediately with the Peanut Butter Protein Smoothie packed in a thermos, plus having a smoothie on-hand means we don’t need to race home for a meal OR eat sooner than the rest of the family.
- For us dinner is often quick or on-the go…we love meal prepping in advance. This Post Rev Recovery Chicken is the perfect pick that everyone around the table loves.
- In the evening, a veggie snack and maybe a little sweet treat with tea like these Macaroons….a simple pleasure.
WABAM. Bonne nuit!