Roasted Garlic Hummus Dip
Recipe from Lavinia Todor
1 3/4 cups canned chickpeas, drained and rinsed
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup tahini, stirred well
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese (optional)
4 roasted garlic cloves, chopped
2 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
1/4 tsp fresh ground pepper
1/4 tsp cumin
Sea salt, to taste
Paprika (for garnish; optional)
Spiced Pita Wedges
3 tbs olive oil
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp lemon
MAKE IT HAPPEN:
- Place chickpeas into a food processor and pulse until they are mashed.
- Add the chopped garlic, olive oil, tahini, parmesan, pepper, cumin, and lemon juice plus 3 tablespoons of the water.
- Puree until smooth, adding additional water 1 tablespoon at a time until a desirable consistency is reached.
- Continue to puree for another minute or two until completely smooth, scraping down the sides as needed and seasoning with additional salt to taste, if necessary.
- At this point, you may discard any leftover water.
- Spoon the hummus into a bowl and drizzle with olive oil, paprika and a sprinkle of fresh ground pepper if desired.
- Serve with veggies, pitas, your favourite crackers!