An easy snack at school, or before or after sports and workouts!
Store this smoothie in an insulated thermos or water bottle to keep it icy-cold. Packed with energy, protein, and deliciousness! Make it peanut-free by switching out the peanut butter for almond butter.
MAKE IT HAPPEN!
In your blender:
- 1 peeled banana (we like to peel and freeze bananas in baggies, makes your smoothie taste like ice cream!)
- 1 cup of ice cubes
- 1 big handful of greens, whatever is fresh in your fridge (lettuce, spinach, etc. Avoid arugula as it has a strong flavour)
- 1 big tablespoon of peanut butter
- 1-2 tablespoons of cocoa (use real cocoa and avoid hot chocolate mix or sweetened chocolate)
- 1 date (makes it sweet!)
- 1/4 cup shredded unsweetened coconut (good for fibre and energy, but you can omit if you don’t have it or coconut isn’t your thing!)
- 1 scoop of protein powder. We love using Manitoba Harvest hemp protein because it’s the most natural, unprocessed product we can find….and it’s Canadian! You can buy this at most grocery stores in the natural foods section.
- About 3/4 cup of almond milk and 1/4 cup of water
- Big spoon of plain or vanilla greek yoghurt for protein and energy
Run your blender until your drink is smooth and all the date and greens are fully blended. Enjoy!