Shrimp Spaghetti Squash
Recipe from Lavinia Todor
1 large spaghetti squash
¼ tsp pepper
¼ tsp salt
1tsp garlic powder
1 tsp olive oil
1 tbs olive oil
1 cup tomatoes
1 cup tomato sauce
1 cup mushrooms
1 cup peppers
2 cups shrimp
½ cup onion
1 tbs minced garlic
½ tsp Club House -La grille Smoked Apple Wood Spice (substitute with other preferred spice)
½ tsp salt &pepper (to taste)
1 tbs fresh parsley, chopped
½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
MAKE IT HAPPEN:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Remove stem from the spaghetti squash and slice squash in half from top to bottom. Remove seeds and place squash cut side down on a parchment lined sheet pan.
- Bake for 40-60 minutes or until squash is able to pull away from sides in strands. After 40 minutes, check for doneness and continue cooking as needed.
- As the squash cooks, prepare the sauce.
- In a medium to large sauté pan, place two tablespoons of the oil, add shrimp and cook for several minutes.
- Once the shrimp are pink, place in a bowl and set aside.
- Keep leftover shrimp oil in the pan and add the minced garlic,mushrooms ,onion, red pepper and cook until mushroom sautés.
- Add tomatoes (and tomato sauce if using), shrimp, applewood spice, garlic powder, salt and pepper and stir. Bring to a simmer and cook for five minutes or until slightly thick. Stir in the parsley and let stand for a minute.
- When the squash is ready and you have pulled the flesh from the skin, place the cooked squash in a large bowl and mix in the sauce to the consistency you prefer.
- Fill up the squash shells and top off with cheese (as much as desired). Broil in the oven until cheese is melted.
- Top with parsley and enjoy!