Sweet Potato Brownies
Recipe from Lavinia Todor
- 1 cup mashed sweet potato
- ½ cup smooth almond butter (or preferred nut butter)
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- ¼ cup cocoa powder (I used half dark cocoa powder, half standard cocoa powder)
- ½ cup almonds (optional)
- Handful of chocolate chips (optional)
- 1 Cup Dark Chocolate Chips
1/2 Cup Coconut Milk
MAKE IT HAPPEN:
- Preheat the oven the 350.
- Coat a small baking pan or loaf pan with coconut oil spray or parchment paper. Set aside.
- On stovetop, melt your nut butter over low heat with pure maple syrup.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the mashed sweet potato, nut butter, maple syrup and cocoa powder and mix very well. (If using chocolate chips and almonds, stir them in).
- Pour the mixture into the greased pan and bake for around 20 minutes or until cooked through. Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely before slicing into pieces.
Over stovetop melt chocolate and half of the coconut milk on low heat. Whisk until smooth. Add in the remaining 1/4 cup coconut milk and whisk until smooth. Let set at room temperature for 30-45 minutes, or until cooled and thickened. Frost the brownies and cut into squares. Store covered at room temperature or in the refrigerator.