Sweet Potato Chicken Bake
Recipe by Lavinia Todor
2 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into cubes
4 small sweet potatoes, cut into 1/2″ cubes
1/4 cup olive or melted coconut oil
6 slices bacon (optional)
1 cup green onions, sliced or cubes
1c red pepper
1c shredded cheese (optional)
1 tbsp. paprika
2 tbsp. garlic powder
6 tbsp. hot sauce (whichever you prefer)
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
MAKE IT HAPPEN:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In large bowl, combine the oil, paprika, garlic powder, hot sauce, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the sweet potatoes and chicken, and stir to coat. Empty the bowl into a casserole dish.
- Bake the potatoes and chicken for 45-60 minutes stirring every 20 minutes, until cooked through, crispy, and browned on the outside. Add broccoli and green pepper half way through.
- While the potatoes are cooking, fry your bacon (optional).
- Top the cooked potatoes with the the cheese (optional), bacon, and green onion and place back in the oven for another 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Once the potatoes and chicken are fully cooked, remove from the oven.
- Serve with greek yogurt, sour cream or ranch dressing, if desired.