Sweet Potato Toast
Recipe by Lavinia Todor
MAKE IT HAPPEN:
- Slice sweet potatoes lengthwise into 1/4 inch slices.
- Add to the toaster like you would bread and toast on high.
- It took me 2 rounds to get it cooked how I like with a little bit a browning on both sides.
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- On a baking sheet, lay a lightly greased sheet of parchment for easy removal.
- Slice sweet potatoes about 1/4″ thick and lay them flat on the sheet.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes
- Mix a bit of tuna with a smidge of mayo and top with spring onions/scallions for a pop of flavour and crunch OR;
- 1 tablespoon of mayonnaise, 1 tablespoon relish and 1 tablespoon of diced red onion to a small can of tuna. Scoop tuna onto toast.
- Hard boiled eggs, chopped and mixed with a teaspoon of mayo, a pinch of Himalayan salt and a liberal sprinkle of curry powder.
BERRIES + COCONUT
- Spread some coconut cream or coconut butter on toast with ripe berries and a sprinkle of cinnamon.
- Remove skin from avocado and slice. Add to toast and sprinkle with salt, pepper and some lemon zest.
- Add sliced avocado,lettuce, tomato, Frank’s hot sauce to toast and a side of falafels.
- Spread some almond butter on toast and add sliced banana and a bit of cinnamon.