Recipe from Lavinia Todor
1 medium zucchini, spiralized or julienned
1 small carrot, thinly shredded (optional)
1 c cherry tomatoes, cut in half
1 ripe avocado
1 cup fresh basil leaves
3 cloves garlic
¼ cup pine nuts or walnuts
2 Tbsp lemon juice
3 Tbsp olive oil
Salt & Pepper, to taste
MAKE IT HAPPEN:
- Spiralize or julienne your zucchini and set aside on paper towels so that any excess water is soaked up.
- In a food processor, add avocado, basil leaves, garlic, pine nuts (or walnuts), lemon juice, and sea salt and pulse until finely chopped.
- Add olive oil in a slow stream until creamy.
- Drizzle olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat, add zucchini noodles and carrot slices, cooking for about 1 to 2 minutes until tender.
- Add to a large bowl and toss with avocado pesto and cherry tomatoes. Season with pepper and a little Parmesan (or feta).
- Option to also add some thinly sliced kale or top with grilled chicken or beef and make it a whole meal.