Carmelized Broiled Grapefruit
Recipe from Lavinia Todor
2 tbsp honey
¼- ½ tsp ground cinnamon (and/or ginger)
strawberry slices (or banana slices)
Coconut yogurt (for serving, optional)
MAKE IT HAPPEN:
- Heat oven to broil.
- Cut grapefruit(s) in half. Using a small serrated knife loosen the grapefruit sections from the membrane.
- Place the grapefruit halves on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, combine honey and cinnamon( and/or ginger), mix well. Divide the honey mixture between the two grapefruit halves and spread on evenly. Place strawberry (banana) slices on top (option to coat them a little with honey as well).
- Place under broiler until bubbling and slightly browned in spots, about 4 to 6 minutes. Watch closely so it doesn’t burn.
- Serve warm with favorite yogurt.