I don’t have kids but I recently acquired a fabulous pair of step-nuggets, and I’m just starting to wrap my head around this whole “feeding small humans” challenge. See, I’ve spent the last 20 years grazing at my laptop…dinner is something that happens (rarely) after 10 pm over a bottle (ok, two) of Pinot out in public. Turns out kids want a “regular meal”, and they want it three times a day, so I’ve been practicing this concept and working on my execution.
This little recipe is sure to please your own tiny creatures. These chicken fingers are crispy and delicious, not to mention super-clean and Revkor™ Shred-friendly. They are gluten and dairy-free and totally vegan aside from the chicken and the egg. If you don’t buy organic local chicken and eggs, be sure to say that you did when you post pictures of your creation on Instagram so that people think more of you.
Make it happen:
- Slice 4 boneless chicken breast into strips.
- In a bowl, mix a half cup of ground almonds, half cup of ground GF oats, any dried herbs/spices that don’t freak your kids out, with a little S+P
- Whisk an egg in a bowl. Dunk strips in egg then coat with breading.
- Top with a little more salt - we use Himalayan pink
- Bake on a parchment lined sheet at 400…I don’t know how long - till crispy!
Serve* with a side of avocado crushed with fresh garlic, lime, green onion, and sea salt and cracked pepper.
*For optimal results, feed to step-children in front of Netflix and eat at your laptop with wine.