The YET Force is inspired by “The Power of Yet”, part of scientist Carol Dweck’s “Growth Mindset”. Dweck observed that intelligence or ability isn’t fixed. When students believe they can get smarter, they work harder to establish ability.
When it comes to fitness and life in general, The YET Force can change your future.
Is it that we can’t do Mountain Climbers? Or is it that we can’t do them YET? We didn’t get that promotion, or we didn’t get it YET? Odds are that we just need to find THE GUTS to try harder and see just what it is we’re capable of. We have to SEE our success and believe we can improve. This is The YET Force.
Build “YET Force” Muscle.
The YET Force is one of the most simple Rebel Superpowers to integrate. Let’s use it all day every day to completely redefine the story we tell ourselves about our own abilities.
TURN IT AROUND. Just like The GRIT Force, the best way to use this superpower is to REPHRASE. Here’s our Rebel take on how to reposition I CAN’T into WATCH ME.
- I BLEW IT. Rebel Translation: Ok that didn’t work, what can I learn here?
- I CAN’T DO THIS. Rebel translation: I can’t do this YET, but I’m going to work harder to try.
- I SUCK AT CARDIO. Rebel translation: I’m gonna focus on building endurance, I can do this!
- I’LL NEVER BE FIT. Rebel translation: Being fit is a process - I’m on that road and I won’t quit.
- THAT’S THE BEST I CAN DO. Rebel translation: That was pretty badass…what more have I got?
- WHY IS SHE SO GOOD AT THAT? Rebel translation: Hmm, she has skills. What can I learn from her?