Zucchini Spaghetti Squash
Recipe from Lavinia Todor
1 large zucchini, sliced
1 spaghetti squash, medium size
4 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 cup almonds, toasted
3 tablespoons olive oil
salt and pepper
MAKE IT HAPPEN:
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Cut the squash in half, scrape out the seeds. Brush oil over the cut sides of the squash as well as the baking sheet and place the squash cut side down.
- Bake for about 35-45 minutes.
- Remove it from the oven when it’s cooked through and soft, and let it cool.
- After squash cools, scrape the inside with a fork and place everything in a bowl. Set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet on medium-high heat.
- Add sliced zucchini and minced garlic and saute for about 3 minutes, stirring, on medium heat.
- Season with salt and continue cooking for another 3-4 minutes, covered, occasionally stirring, until zucchini softens and browns a bit.
- Add spaghetti squash to the skillet with zucchini and mix, on low heat.
- Add salt and pepper, to taste. Top with toasted almonds and baked chickpeas.
- If you’re not avoiding dairy, add some shredded cheese to the mix.